Thursday, August 14, 2008

A year older...

Today I'm a year older...yep, officially on the downhill slide to 40. When I think of where I was last year - longing to get away from our neighbourhood, living in the city, with my second book still waiting to be released by Romance...well, a lot has happened. Three books have released since last August. We've moved across the country, my mum has been married....wow. So considering the great things that have happened, I can't complain about that number creeping upwards by a tick.

Work continues on the novella...I might actually be out of the "this is porridge" stage and moved on to just thick stew. Who knows. I do know that I think I've at least hit the right tack finally and I feel like I'm moving forward rather than spinning my wheels.

I also, while looking for something else entirely, discovered that Marriage at Circle M - Cuentame tu secretos - came out in Mexico in May and Argentina in June. What started in Spain and then the US is making the rounds of Spanish-speaking countries. :-)

Now I need to get to work as I'm knocking off early today...the dh and I are going out for a few hours of R&R. The cake will happen this weekend with his mum, since our birthdays are a week apart and this weekend straddles the two. I expect there will be card playing in addition to cake eating!

And today I'm putting in my OWN pictures...just because we were at Oakfield Park and I took the camera along and took a few shots.

From my camera - ducks, and one of the fields we walk through to get to the water.



6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!!

    Who cares about the numbers? Have a great day, to celebrate a really wonderful year.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, hope you have a great day. All the best people have their birthdays in August.

    (yes I'm biased, mine is 16th!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    Beautiful views. :-)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great one with many more to follow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Work continues on the novella...I might actually be out of the "this is porridge" stage and moved on to just thick stew. Who knows. I do know that I think I've at least hit the right tack finally and I feel like I'm moving forward rather than spinning my wheels."

    It's no wonder I'm having difficulty. That paragraph is such a morass of mixed metaphors I should either be shot or applauded. LOL

    Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's raining a pour here but we're still going out and there IS cake coming, which we are sharing with kids and friends when we get back. :-)

    ReplyDelete