Friday, August 22, 2008

Our afternoon


I got some GREAT pictures this afternoon. I quit working around 11:30 am and the kids and I jumped in the truck and drove to Grand Pre. It's a national historic site dedicated to the expulsion of the Acadians in 1755, and themed around Longfellow's epic "Evangeline" which I read many years ago and which i'm hoping my eldest will be interested in soon. They certainly enjoyed the day anyway.

The grounds were gorgeous and the small church quite beautiful. You can visit the site here if you want more info, but I'll just post the pictures.

Statue of Evangeline


The chapel


Inside the chapel


The pond and willows

Water lilies

I know Jim will be very disappointed that I didn't manage to get pics of the whooping crane OR the very large Swainson's Hawk. :-(

1 comment: