Sunday, August 03, 2008

Knock me over....

Stick a fork in me...you name it. What a weekend and what a return!

FIrst of all my mum's wedding celebrations were exhausting and hectic and wonderful...so much catching up and celebrating going on. I saw lots of people I haven't seen in a very long time and hung out with my sisters and brother and watched my mum and her new husband cut wedding cake. On the way home we picked up the latest addition to our family - a 5 yr old Nova Scotia Duck Toller and getting her settled is going to take some time. But she is beautiful and we hope it is not going to be too stressful for any of us.

Then I finally opened up e-mail to several letters of congratulations. Because apparently at RWA Nationals in San Francisco, HIRED BY THE COWBOY won the Bookseller's Best Award - Traditional.

I never once seriously thought it would win, so I'm thrilled and stunned and trying to absorb it. HIRED was my debut Romance. There are pictures over at the Pink Heart Society of my editor, Sally Williamson with the pin and a pic of the poster with the book cover on it.

Holy cow.

I was over at Petticoats and Pistols on the weekend talking about the Calgary Stampede a bit.

And there is a new review for FALLING FOR MR. DARK AND DANGEROUS - Cataromance gave it 4.5 stars and said "Talented Donna Alward weaves a gorgeous secluded setting, intense suspenseful plot and well developed characters into a most rewarding read..." The whole review is HERE.

I have to go to bed. Whether or not I sleep is another question, but I need to head there regardless!

5 comments:

  1. HUGE congrats Donna!!!!! So thrilled for you and so deserved!!!
    Big congrats to your mum too - I'm so pleased the weekend was so much fun.

    Now, excuse my ignorance but what is a NS Duck Toller?! I'm thinking a dog - would that be right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Donna - FAB news!
    love Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee! Well done you Donna-- and cue more champagne celebrations....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Donna! What wonderful news to find in the mail! :-)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Donna!

    Yeeeeehaaaaaaaw!!!

    ReplyDelete