Friday, August 29, 2008

Give me five - the Military Families Fund

I finished the rough draft of the novella yesterday, sent the last chapter to my cp, got it back, made changes, and saved it, yahoo! I am glad it is done. This afternoon I am working on copy edits of Hired: The Italian's Bride. I hope to get it done today so then I can have it done before the weekend.

My last advance has gone into my account, more good news, and so it's that time again - for Give Me Five - the 5% of my earnings that I give to charity. This time I've picked the Military Families Fund. From the website:

"When our families call out for help, we must be able to answer that call immediately and substantially.

Our families have been here for us through our enrolment, our training, our deployments, and our homecomings. The military life places significant demands on our loved ones. They did not volunteer for service – but serve they do, and with great distinction. It is our turn to be there for our families.”

General Rick Hillier Former Chief of the Defence Staff

The Military Families Fund was created in April 2007 by General Rick Hillier, the Former Chief of Defence Staff to assist military families faced with unforeseen and often immediate needs that have resulted due to conditions of service. The fund continues to grow through the generous contributions of Canadians, corporations and other organizations, adding a new vehicle to support Canadian Forces members and their families.

Harlequin is also offering discounted shipping until September 1...just go HERE to see...and don't forget this is free book Friday! Buy 2 books and get the selection of the week for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment