Sunday, August 10, 2008

Book Blogs - 30-32


Am adding to my book blog total today. First up #30 - Stage By Stage by Jan Jones (Transita)

What a great book. I really really enjoyed it...loved the characters, the dynamics, the quirkiness of it. Loved the growth arcs, though I would have loved it if Beth had really told Alan where to stick it. The children - especially Nats - were wonderful. Owen was a delight.

My only problem was that not being from a theatre background, I got confused occasionally with the cast and some of the terminology. Not greatly, just enough that I'd have to go back and read passages again to make sure it was all clear before I moved on. But all in all a truly delightful read and one I wished I had grabbed out of my TBR sooner.




Number 31 - Petticoat Ranch, Mary Conneally (Barbour)

There were parts of this story I loved and parts I didn't. Mostly I enjoyed it. A spunky woman and spunky girls. However this fluctuated with girls that fought and cried over thing when the hero was around and it didn't seem to fit who they really were. And how a woman who had held her family together with nothing but grit and will suddenly seemed to lose her guts (I would have LOVED it if she'd truly gone toe to toe with the hero) I don't know.

But when push came to shove, the girls were all smart and capable and easy to love, and it was one of the best inspys I've read in a while.


Number 32 - My Lady's Treasure, Catherine Kean (Medallion)

The Crusade, lost treasure, intrigue, and romance. What more could you ask for? A really enjoyable historical with just enough questions to keep you guessing. My first by this author and perhaps even by Medallion. I'd definitely pick up this author again.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks, Donna. So glad you enjoyed Stage by Stage!

    Oh, and congratulations on your recent award!

    ReplyDelete