Thursday, July 24, 2008

Open Call for Casting...and a First


I'm still needing some entries for my heroine casting call... keep sending! I'm just finishing up my character sheets, and I've started my opening though it's not quite right. So the search continues for my heroine, Kelley Hughes!


A quick note today though for a first. You know after a couple of years, a lot of the firsts are over. So when one pops up unexpectedly, it's kind of neat.

I was getting a link for someone when I noticed that The Soldier's Homecoming is wearing a red and white banner over at e-harlequin - saying SOLD OUT.

I got a thrill. I admit it. I think somehow it seems like real proof that people have been buying my books. And that they bought a lot of this one. I've never had anything sell out before.

The good news is as far as I know, new copies are still available on the amazons etc. as well as in e-book from Harlequin and Amazon Kindle.

But thank you to all of you who ordered TSH from Harlequin!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Donna! Wonderful news that your book sold out on e-harlequin! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Congratulations, Donna. It was a terrific book!
    I'm recasting and renaming my heroine. My original concept for her changed and so, the first name I chose no longer fits. Ugh!

    LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, isn't it funny how that happens? Finding a name and image that fits is so important. My heroine is definitely a Kelley. She could be something else, but it would have to be something no frills. Her sister, on the other hand, has the perfect name for her personality...and the idea is that you'll be able to read both stories together once they come out. I'm writing one and another author is doing the other. :-)

    ReplyDelete