Friday, July 04, 2008

Give me Five: Feed Nova Scotia

As I was wading through my to-do list, I realized that some royalties had made it my way and I had yet to make my 5% donation as I'd pledged earlier this year. Along with that was the realization that I'm now living in a lovely community in the nicest house I could have imagined, with food on the table and no question of where the next meal is coming from.

So giving to a charity that helps those in the reverse of my situation seems a no-brainer.

My latest donation has just gone to a charity called FEED NOVA SCOTIA, and here's a little bit about them:

Mission Statement

FEED NOVA SCOTIA's Mission:Our immediate goal is to feed hungry people.
Our ultimate goal is to eliminate chronic hunger and alleviate poverty.


Founded in 1984, FEED NOVA SCOTIA is a not-for-profit, non-denominational charitable organization working to eliminate hunger in Nova Scotia.Formed by Nova Scotia's food banks, resulting from the need for a central collection and distribution centre, FEED NOVA SCOTIA serves more than 155 member agencies across the province. Each month, over 40,000 Nova Scotians access these member agencies, which include food banks, shelters, soup kitchens, breakfast programs, prepared meal services and emergency food assistance programs. It is through the support of the community that FEED NOVA SCOTIA is able to continue its two-part mission: to feed hungry people as well as focus on the development of new programs that aim to end chronic hunger and alleviate poverty.

If you're interested in making a donation, you can click HERE to be taken to their page on CanadaHelps.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion this is an informative article with lot of interesting information about various valuable things.
    ===================
    Taylor
    nova scotia drug rehab

    ReplyDelete