Monday, July 07, 2008

Frustrated

I have to admit, I'm getting a little frustrated. A lot of the time I feel like I'm spinning in circles....so much to do and I get little bits done in snippets but nothing feels truly accomplished.

One of the things is reading. I have a stack of books waiting to be read...books I'm ANXIOUS to read....and somehow it gets relegated to the bottom of the list...because it's not a priority.

I've got a chapter to finish. It doesn't seem to be getting done either.

I admit I'm having a terrible time focusing, partly due to the fact that the entire family is in the house...kids are on break, husband is working from home. We are in the new house but there are still things unpacked. Expense claims to fill out. Business type stuff that I didn't do for the month we were offline. A garden that is suffering from neglect and needs my attention. A list of "little" things that needs to be done as long as my arm.

So yep. Reading is falling wayyyy down on the list.

It's especially frustrating because what I'm reading now is GOOD. Really good. And I so want to get back to logging books for the 100,000 book challenge on Eharlequin.

Anyway as I told my mum (who is also in the moving thing right now), somehow it all manages to get done, we just hope we're still sane at the end.

And dammit, tonight I'm going to read a chapter.

1 comment:

  1. (weeping hopelessly) Oh I know, I know, I know... It definitely eats away at your sanity, doesn't it? I swear that when I die my tombstone will be engraved with all the jobs I had outstanding... Pay window cleaner, collect dry cleaning, defrost freezer.

    The only time I get to read properly these days is in the bath. On the upside though, I'm very clean.

    xx

    ReplyDelete