Friday, July 18, 2008

Book Blog 27 - Dark Prince


I read Dark Prince (Zebra) by Eve Silver...I met Eve last December in Calgary and ever since really wanted to read some of her work.

I wasn't disappointed.

It was a gothic blend of romance, mystery, and edginess that I really enjoyed. Really atmospheric and it kept me turning the pages.


I'm still plugging away at revisions...today should do the trick though, and I have a new bookcase coming tomorrow after my office bookcase was damaged in the move.

And I found out that, after commenting about Dickens, that 2 Masterpiece Theatre productions of early 09 are Oliver Twist and The Old Curiosity Shop. To be honest I watched MPT productions of Great Expectations and Bleak House and liked them, so I'll probably watch anyway. There is also a 2 part series starring Billie Piper coming in September that I will likely watch.

I'm currently reading "Beyond Band of Brothers" by Dick Winters. He mentions flying over the Channel Islands going to Normandy. It made me think of the MPT series Island at War which I really loved and always felt never truly ended...it was a very open conclusion and I longed to know what happened.

Right-o. Work calls.


1 comment:

  1. Oliver Twist is good (not as good as Cranford)
    BUT the Old Curiousity SHop is not worth it. Even Derek Jacobi could not save it.

    ReplyDelete