Thursday, May 22, 2008

Head down...

Bear with me over the next several weeks. I'm desperately trying to finish this first draft before we start moving to the new house. I have about 10k left to go. And a week to do it in. Holy crap.

Until everything is settled, hooked up and plugged in, my internet usage is going to be sporadic. The blog will be quieter than usual but not silent, I actually have a few things lined up as well as the fact that I will have wireless during the transition so you never know when I'll pop in with something to say.

For right now though, I'm racing towards the end. IN the last few days I've written about 8,000 words. Not a pace I can maintain, but I strike while the iron is hot. This book is, I think, the most dramatic I've written to date. It is proving to be a bit draining, but I'm liking it a lot. And if I can get this first draft wrapped up, then I can edit it after we're settled, and let those few weeks provide some much-needed distance and objectivity.

Right then. Time to switch the laundry and open up a new document for chapter 10.

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to read it!!!! and best wishes with the move - look forward to your sporadic posts...
    and there is a present for you on my blog ;)
    (one you picked yourself but still...)

    ReplyDelete