Thursday, April 17, 2008

So...what's the deal?

Life has been so crazy that I don't even know if I really came out and said that we're moving, but we are. We're relocating from Western Canada to Eastern, which means I'll be a lot closer to the family - within a morning's drive, which is lovely.

Over the last month and a teensy bit, we've mucked out our house (you can really accumulate a lot of crap in 12 years) and sorted it into going/recycling/garbage/donations. Then we further sorted the "going" into packnow/packlater. We listed our house, and we've sold it. We went to Nova Scotia and we've bought a house. And in 8 weeks, God Willing, we'll take possession of that house and start a new chapter in our lives.

So yeah, work's been slim lately. I'm ever so glad that I actually don't have a deadline right now. I did revisions and sent them back, and I've done some promo, and written a few articles, and on my doorstep today were my copy edits for my January book. There are so many details right now, and it's all stupidly exciting.

You wonder if you're going to like it, you know? It's a big move. But we spent the last week with friends in the area where we were looking to buy, and we absolutely loved it. Trees....lots and lots of trees. And water. A lake every time you turn around. Peace and quiet and loveliness, but a short commute for the husband and a grocery store and some amenities just 5 minutes away. Go another 10 and you're in the middle of everything you could want retail-wise. If you travel a short distance in any direction, you could be in apple country, blueberry country, or on the coast smelling the salt air.

We almost didn't want to come back, to be honest.

It does look like we're going to have a great house, but more importantly the location seems wonderful. The people seem wonderful.

Anyway, that's the official word now that things are really starting to fall into place. I'll be back tomorrow with some book blogs about what I read on the airplane.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be wonderful! Hope the move goes smoothly and you soon get settled in a gorgeous new place.

    ReplyDelete