Monday, April 21, 2008

Book Blog 15 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows




Since last year I've been reading all the HP books to my girls aloud. Last night we finished The Deathly Hallows.


Do you know how hard it is to read books when you're crying? I won't reveal what made me cry but my youngest went and got me tissues. I think it is the strongest of the books, possibly. There was some streamlining that could have been done in the front end, and the one thing that bugged me was the absence of Ginny. It was okay the whole way through but maybe it's just the romantic in me but it needed a scene in the end. Now I know the last chapter had to end with the three of them - Hermione, Ron and Harry - because that's how it began. But before that, I would have loved to have a moment - just a moment - with Ginny. That would have led into the epilogue very well. I'll bet you ten bucks there's such a scene in the movie.


But overall...the rest made it nearly the perfect ending to the series. I finished a little bit like JK herself did - sorry that it was over. With such a sense of finality that I was a little bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment