Friday, March 14, 2008

Reviews

I have to admit that I'm a whole lot thrilled and a bit overwhelmed by the feedback I'm getting on THE SOLDIER'S HOMECOMING. I got two new reviews yesterday, one from Merri (Who does the reviews for Merrimon) and one from the Pink Heart Society.

Julie at the PHS called The Soldier's Homecoming "one of the most moving romances I’ve ever read! Tender, poignant, dramatic and heartrending..." And she also said that "Donna Alward is a bright new jewel in the Harlequin Romance crown and I cannot wait to read more wonderful stories by this talented storyteller!" I will do my level best to keep her happy!

Merri gave me chills when she wrote this: something is really happening with this author's writing right now. I'm not a psychic or predictor or editor or writer but just a strange reader out there but.... Thinking of her last two books together, I had the thought of major breakthrough ahead in the works. Frankly, seeing this kind of growth in a writer so fast is much more intriguing than any silly number --- at least to me.

That being said, she did give it a rating: Number-wise for my reading pleasure: Between 4.5 and 5.

I couldn't ask for better....

If you're interested in the whole review(s), the links are:

http://pinkheartsocietyreviews.blogspot.com/search?q=the+soldier%27s+homecoming

http://community.eharlequin.com/content/soldiers-homecoming-donna-alwrd-harlequin-romance

I did a mini-signing at the school yesterday, which was lovely but bittersweet as I wrote messages inside for the staff. I will be saying goodbye to a very special group of people this spring who have been a bigger part of my life than they probably realize.

Now for today I'm enjoying time with my kids, finishing my husband's taxes, and going to parent teacher interviews. See ya on the flip side gang!

1 comment: