Thursday, March 27, 2008

Little bit of this, a little bit of that...

Well...the for sale sign is supposed to be going up today. Hooray!

And if you get a chance, pop by Diane Craver's blog this week as she's hosting an author week and it's your chance to get to know a few writers with smaller presses.

Also, major congrats to all the Rita finalists! I'm particularly pleased for Natasha Oakley, a fellow Romance author who really deserves the karma fairy to go her way. Pop on over to her blog and congratulate her, why don't you!

All About Romance has reviewed The Soldier's Homecoming...AAR tend to be tough nuts to crack, but I was encouraged at a few of the comments, like, "Donna Alward tackles the tried and true secret baby plot with unusual sensitivity" and "Jonas is a strong hero and watching him deal with his feelings for Shannyn and their daughter creates some of the best moments in this book." She also called it real and poignant, so that is good.

I also got my revisions for my latest, and they are going to be a lot of work. However they DO make sense to me. And I do think it will be a stronger read....the bones of it are there...it's bringing out what's there and making it the strongest possible. I might have to print and paste that to the monitor when I start pulling out my hair over the next few weeks!

And...it looks like I might have some pr coming up in the near future....so that's also quite cool. I am reminded of Trish's comment that she has a face for radio...thankfully that is where I'm headed! LOL

For now...I'm off to have some chicken soup for my poor sore throat. Hopefully I'll be back on tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 PM

    Donna,
    Thanks so much for a great book! It has so much relevance these days with so many brave men and women returning home from war.
    Definitely two thumbs up!

    LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! The subject is one that strikes a chord with me, so I'm glad it's working for readers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    Thanks for mentioning my author week! I appreciate it!

    Wow - you received great comments from the AAR review. Congrats to you.

    Take care of your sore throat.

    ReplyDelete