Sunday, March 30, 2008

Book Blog 12

Well, I finished The Dream Thief by Shana Abe.

Gotta say, I didn't like it as well as The Smoke Thief, mostly because I had a hard time following the initial mythology of Draumr, the diamond. I'm not sure why...but the concept seemed kind of nebulous to me. That being said, I did like it somewhat and the ending was lovely. I thought Zane was a great hero and Lia's courage as she came of age was well done. She had a really good arc.

I am intrigued enough that I'll probably grab Queen of Dragons to see how it continues.

Now...all good intentions to get hip-deep into revisions keeps getting blown to bits...we have another showing tonight so I have to make sure the house is in tip-top shape!

Tomorrow...barring being banned from my house by the realtor, I'll be blogging Behind The Scenes of The Soldier's Homecoming!

1 comment:

  1. Well after you mentioned them on your blog I went and got them. I agree that the Dream Thief wasn't quite as enjoyable as The Smoke Thief. I kept thinking she was rushing parts of the emotional journey because there was quite a lot of plot to get in. As with you I would pick up the next one just to see.

    ReplyDelete