Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And what blew the lid off....

The lid blew on the pressure cooker yesterday, but I can laugh about it now.

One of the items on the to-do list is steam cleaning our carpets. I was already at my limit when I filled up the soap and the water and plugged it in. Then I turned it on.

I wasn't even using the attachment, but water sprayed up - and out - of it every time I turned it on. I frigged with it, would try again, and would get wet. So picture me in the middle of my living room, holding my hand out against the spray, cursing at the steam cleaner and crying my eyes out.

In the end I was victorious, my carpets got clean (I have the other half to do today) and my stress level was greatly reduced. I went to my writer's group meeting last night, came home and instead of working like I intended, went straight to bed and for the first time in over a week, slept right through until the alarm.

Today is physio so I'm looking forward to finishing the book I'm currently reading, and then hopefully getting some work done.

1 comment:

  1. I know this isn't funny, but it is. =) I've had these days! Hope things went smoother for the rest of it! =)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete