Monday, February 04, 2008

New month, new starts!

It's February, and I'm tempted to ask "Where has the time gone" but that's a stupid question. We all know time flies when it's in short supply.

There's lots of "new" stuff going on though starting this month. New books out, new book being started, new schedule....

As far as new books, The Soldier's Homecoming is available on eharlequin. One of the neat things they do are links to excerpts and posting Dear Reader letters. And the month's official new releases are up on the Harlequin Romance Author Blog. Which reminds me - stop by the Romance blog often. This month there is a fab spotlight on one of our authors (complete with a book giveaway!) and a special Valentine's Day post.

And the new schedule part of the month is that I'm filling in at the old job for five weeks, so it means really focusing on writing in the mornings since I will be gone from about 11:30 a.m. onwards. It should be a good time though, and I believe I'm all finished on March 6.

And then we get to the new book.

Yep, with revisions done and dusted, it's time for me to start on a new project. I brainstormed this one last fall and did up a fairly comprehensive synopsis. And with Biddy's help and pointing out Trish's hero and heroine database, I have cast my characters.



Meet Ethan and Lizzy.

These two have a history...though not a romantic one. That doesn't mean they weren't thinking about it. They were. But there were bigger things at play. It all comes down to timing, doesn't it? And after having her heart broken in every possible way, Lizzy leaves home, determined to never come back.

But then...her Mum is getting married, and even Lizzy is smart enough to know that if she doesn't go home for THIS, she'll regret it for the rest of her life. And she already has enough regrets. So home she trots - tail between her legs - and everything she ran from years ago is still there waiting for her. And then some.

There will likely be more of ME in this book than anything I've ever written. Those that have known me since childhood will recognize places, and even shades of people and events. But don't be mistaken. This book isn't my story or the story of anyone I know. This is Ethan and Lizzy's journey. It's their story.

Now it's time for me to get at it. And to type in those exciting two words:

CHAPTER ONE.

3 comments:

  1. How fast can you write? This sounds like a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing as fast as I can, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you! Keep on truckin'! :)

    ReplyDelete