Thursday, January 03, 2008

What's coming up for 2008 - and the first contest of the year


There are lots of big plans for 2008!

I have 2 Romances out this year. The first is in March and is called The Soldier's Homecoming. I'm really excited for this book to hit the shelves, and later I'll be talking more about writing it and how it was formed....because it really was a book that grew rather than being written.

Then in August the 3rd of the "Windover" books is out called Falling for Mr Dark and Dangerous. It is the story of Maggie and Nate. Maggie is the cousin of Mike, the hero from Marriage at Circle M. She runs a bed and breakfast and Nate is a US Marshal.

2008 is also a big year for Mills and Boon (the London office of Harlequin still goes by company name of Mills and Boon). M&B is celebrating its centenary and there are lots of special things happening, both within the company and with the authors.
In particular, the Romance authors at the HRA Blog are giving away a release each month, so don't forget to pop by the blog regularly. First up I believe is Melissa James's January release, Mother in a Million. Her post will be up early next week and I'll post a reminder on the day.
Each month I'll have a small contest. The prizes will change, but one thing that will be included each time is a commemorative postcard featuring a Mills and Boon cover from the past.
My paperbacks have just arrived, so this month's contest prize is...a signed copy of The Soldier's Homecoming, a postcard, and a 2008 magnetic calendar.
Drop me a line at donna@donnaalward.com and I'll do a draw at the end of the month. This month you get off easily - no question to answer, but throughout the year I'll also be posting factoids about M&B that may find their way into questions!
Tomorrow I will be posting my first "Book Blog".

No comments:

Post a Comment