Friday, January 11, 2008

A sudden flash

I write to music quite often and usually have a playlist going for each book, songs that seem to capture the feeling of what I'm writing or just cd's that I find very conducive - like Josh Groban, RyanDan, that sort of thing. And then occasionally I get a song that just FITS and I know I have to have it.

My husband got a satellite radio for Christmas and we listen to it ALL the time - in the house and in the car. Commercial free - what's not to love? And another feature I love is tagging artists we like and being alerted when something they play is on.

One song I'd heard a couple of times was "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, and so when we wanted to download some tracks from Puretracks the other night, I popped it in the cart.

And then we played it, and a scene hit me so hard and so brilliantly that I wanted to get writing so I could get that close to the end.

I was writing like mad last night and just wanted to keep going, but there are physical limitations at work here. LOL. I may go back to writing out longhand just because I won't have to worry about the wrist and can save it for fixing OCR errors and layering. Either way, I'm coming into the homestretch and this song has a whole lot to do with it.

Ironically enough, it's an old version of The Tennessee Waltz that really got me going on this book, not something modern at all but very old fashioned. It makes an appearance very soon.

For now I'm going to make french toast for my kids and take them shopping as I promised, then come home and get to work. Until then I leave you with I WISH by Rascal Flatts. Just click on it and it will take you to the file so you can hear it.

My Wish.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment