Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday...

What to write about today? I figure I should as I haven't blogged since last Thursday.

Well, let's see. Friday I got groceries in the morning and then in the afternoon I had a dr. apppointment...one that required stitches and meds and antibiotics and left me with a bit of a headache, so it was nice to get home and realize that the dh had supper under control and that he'd suggested all of us watch The Fellowship of the Ring. My girls are a bit young yet but as they handle the Harry Potter movies without batting an eyelash, we thought we'd try it and they loved it.

Saturday morning we ran a few errands, cleaned the house, and then watched The Two Towers.

And of course yesterday after church, we came home and had lunch and put on The Return of the King. Lots of couch potato-ing going on, but it was very cool. And yesterday was definitely the perfect day for it - we ended up with a bit of a blizzard. Not a lot of snow but the wind was horrible so quite a bit of drifting, and it went from -6 when we got up to -26 when we went to bed. Brrrr. Got up this morning and it was -29 with a windchill of -48. And yet...still school. I think it's funny that the outlying schools cancel, when those kids are bussed, but the city school remain open even though the majority of the kids walk. No one should be out walking in -48.

The block heater in the truck ended up failing, so I had to take the dh to work this morning so I would still have a car to take the kids to school. There is no way I would make them walk. And I think it's stupid to have school because anything taught today will have to be re-taught tomorrow. Lots of parents don't have the option of driving their kids, so attendance will be awful today.

Anyway I'm back to revisions and getting caught up after the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda's school cancels if there's a dusting of snow -it's crazy. Your daughters' school should have closed, but you are such a terrific mom to drive them.

    I'm jealous - I don't have any editing or revisions to do right now. Nothing is releasing in 2008. However, I'm going to start writing a new book.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Douglas12:07 AM

    -6 to -26 degrees? In roughly 12 hours?
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

    It's just over 30 degrees celcius in sunny Newcastle, Australia and I am sending you many warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete