Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm Free!

Today is freedom day here at casa de Alward.

Firstly and most importantly, my cast is GONE. This means a few things. Number one, I was able to have a shower and wash my arm and wash my hair with 2 hands last night. And I was also able to put on a watch. Two things I haven't done since the 22 of December.

It also means though that my hand is stiff and yes, sore, and I have to work it but be careful as far as range of motion and the like. It also means it's not going to stand up to as much typing as I've been doing, so output will be slower until I get it built back up again.

And the second thing happening today is that I'm sending in my revisions after one final readthrough. And hopefully it means that I'm clear with this book until AA's.

WHOOO!

For now I'm off to tackle laundry, and yes, stay warm. It was STILL -29 when I got up this morning. Thankfully it looks like it's going to warm up a bit before the end of the day - somewhere around the -15 mark according to the weatherman.

6 comments:

  1. That's great. And it always amazes me how we appreciate the little stuff when we couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad your cast is gone. Hope you get your ROM back quickly. Yay on the revisions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exellent news on the cast. And a big hug from me because you've been so brave about it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys. I can't believe the difference in just 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See...I still can't wear a watch. The surgery scar went keloid...which means steroid injections and maybe a mini-surgery...all of which is not to be done with baby...or while nursing baby...so maybe I'll wear a watch in a year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're on the mend. And kudos on getting your revisions finished.

    ReplyDelete