Thursday, December 27, 2007

S-L-O-W

I am typing slowly since the official verdict is a broken wrist and I'm in a cast. For 6 weeks.

This does not bode well for finishing the WIP. Typing with one hand sux as it is not only slow, but I miss looking at the monitor. At some point over the next week or so I will know if I can type in my cast and if not I'll likely be looking at voice recognition software, though I don't particularly relish the thought of dictating a book. Especially with the kids on winter break. LOL

You do not realize how much you rely on two hands until you're down to one.

I'm off to get some breakfast and some tylenol. :-)

7 comments:

  1. (((()))) That does suck. Here's hoping it heels really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope you can type in your cast so you can finish your WIP. I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...that's painful. Hoping for a speedy and less painful healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your wrist. The voice recognition software has come a long way in the last 10 years so you might want to try it.

    Or you could use the time to catch up on reading or other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your wrist heals fast. What rotten luck!

    Have a great 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs Donna.

    I used Dragon Naturally Speaking. Fiona H also uses it.

    Thinking of you.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the good wishes. I have had a lovely rest and am now just looking for the best way to keeo working.

    ReplyDelete