Monday, December 24, 2007

Faith

Merry Christmas!

I wish I had typed up this blog when I first thought of it. Because yesterday I fell skating and sprained my wrist, which means I'm typing with 1 hand.

So you'll please excuse me if you get the Reader's Digest version.

I was thinking the other day about how blessed I am. It is very easy these days to become very cynical about the state of the world in general. I know I despair about it lots. And all the horrible - and even not so horrible - things still go on whether it's Christmas or not. So why is Christmas special anyway.

It's because it's a season of faith. Faith in what the day truly means and faith that there is still hope. Hope for all of us as people. I'm a big believer in hope, after all it's why I write romance to begin with. But I lost sight of that a little bit...I've needed some tlc in recent days and through it I cannot help but feel my faith in people restored.

I have wonderful friends. Friends here where I live; friends that have offered an ear, a hug, even an open invitation do drop my kids for a while if I need time. Friends that worry about me and care more than I realized. Whose genuine caring has made me cry.

Friends in my hometown, who I talk to most of the time through e-mail. Two in particular who I "talk" to on a regular basis and who keep me connected.

And online friends, some who I've met in person and some I haven't, who nevertheless are there for me when I most need them. I can easily say that the last few weeks have been better because of them. I have the best critique partner in the world btw and a cybermum that defies description.

And I certainly can't leave out the blessings that are my sisters. They've made me laugh lately when I've least expected it.

Now, my cp has ordered me away from the keyboard (to rest my wrist I suppose) so I will leave you with some of the lyrics from Josh Groban's song "Thankful" from his album "Noel":

Somedays, we forget to look around us,
Somedays, we can't see the joy that surrounds us,
So caught up inside ourselves we take when we should give
So for tonight we pray for what we know can be,
And on this day we hope for what we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Love Donna

1 comment:

  1. Anita mae12:35 AM

    Hey Donna, sorry about your wrist, but sometimes things happen to force us to take a break when we might not want to. You might not like dictating your novel, but at least you're moving your wip forward ... you'll be pro-active instead of just re-acting to the situation.
    I'll be praying for proper healing for you.

    ReplyDelete