Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursdays....my "other" day


Welcome to day four of the contest! Someone mentioned to me yesterday that they couldn't believe I was holding a Christmas Contest! That it's only November! But as someone who has to ship the majority of presents every year, I wanted to make sure that whoever I send it to gets it in time for the holidays. I'm still debating what kind of chocolate I'm going to put in. There are so many kinds....truffles, dark chocolate, caramel filled.....oh dear.

So, today is Thursday. Thursday is what I call my "other" day. I have volunteered at the school since my kids started there and this year took on the role of "laminating lady". I also do some prep work if time permits. But I could see it becoming crazy so I said at the end of last year that I would come in one day a week and do everything, but only the one day.

So Thursday is my other day. I'll start with some random jobs while the laminator is heating up and then I'll go most of the morning. Over lunch I'm working on my aa's - my kids are visiting lunchroom today and catching up with their friends - and after lunch I'll finish up as much as I can. After school is Author Club - week 4 with some grade 3 and 4 students who are writing stories - and I'll get home sometime after 4:30. And then tonight is choir practice.

I do love Thursdays. I really enjoy being at the school and seeing the staff and the kids. Making it all on one day was a time management issue for me. I'd rather take a whole day and do things rather than get called to do a couple of hours here and a couple there. Plus, they know I'm coming so when I get there this morning everything will be piled up in the workroom waiting for me.

Speaking of - I'd better get at it. Will be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this

    ReplyDelete