Monday, October 15, 2007

A change in plans...

I was all set to write A Bride at Willow Bend when my editor called with a specific request.

I had to catch my breath for a minute and switch gears, but that's perfectly ok. In fact, I have a workshop to finish putting together this week and all I really want to do is start on the new story.

My working title is going to be The Cowboy's Princess and I've already done the casting. I remember quite a while ago, seeing a video with this person and saying to my husband, "when I write another cowboy, he's going to be my hero." And he is. He's exactly what I want.

My heroine is a princess, though she hasn't known that fact for long. In fact, she's sure she doesn't fit in anywhere, except at the royal stables. So when she heads for the hero's ranch, she goes as "Lucy", rather than Princess Luciana. Problem is, she really doesn't know who either of those people are.

Without further ado...my casting choices:





However, I do have a workshop to give tomorrow night, I have to work the old day job today, I have a creative writing club on Thursday after school, and I have a day-long workshop to finish putting together for Saturday, so the blog might be a bit quiet this week....hopefully life will return to normal after this coming Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing and great that you can switch gears so easily. Can wait to see how it turns out...but I've got a while to wait, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant, I CAN'T wait. Sheesh, sometimes I need to slow my fingers down, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You are too cute, hon!

    ReplyDelete