Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Marriage at Circle M Releases Today!

I felt a little funny when I saw that the release date for Marriage at Circle M was 9/11. I kept thinking, can that be right? Shouldn't it be the day before or after? It just felt disrespectful knowing that my book was coming out on this particular date.

But you know, the whole point I think is that LIFE GOES ON. As much as we should never ever forget, we owe to those people to live life. And in a way, it was 9/11 that made Marriage at Circle M possible.

A lot of you probably know this but I had a very difficult time after the birth of my youngest. I was just getting my feet beneath me again when the planes hit the twin towers and I made the mistake of watching too MUCH news...and it really really affected me.


It was a month later that I was home visiting family and really feeling quite raw about it all and my sister suggested I put my energies into writing. November of 2001 was when my writing journey began. And today, my second Harlequin Romance hits the shelves.

5 comments:

  1. BIG Congrats!

    Yes, I did the same thing on 9-11. I watched too much news. It was a mistake, especially since I was pregnant and the hormones are all over the place to begin with. But like you said, we remember but life does go on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the release.

    And yes, life goes on. It is a way of showing that certain people have not won.

    And what better way than releasing romance -- women's ficition. Something that the Islamists would like banned.

    Just think of it as doing your bit.

    The freedom to read is not to be underestimated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, doll! You've had a wonderful journey thus far -- and you've only begun!

    Life *does* go on. We just can't forget the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your release, Donna. It's a joy to be shelf buddies with you this month.

    Hugs

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Donna! I'll be looking for it.

    Embrace the good stuff, like the wonderful career that 9/11 brought you!

    ReplyDelete