Monday, September 17, 2007

It's starting to set in...

...that I'm leaving tomorrow for London.

I am already missing my family, because I've never left them before. And it will all seem very strange, being far away from them. I know this. It doesn't however, mean that I'm not excited...I have both feelings within me and it's all working to make me a little bit crazy.

I haven't travelled much in my life - last year's excursion to Disneyworld and this summer's trip to Vegas is the extent of my international travel. And I'm very thankful to be staying with a friend for the week so I don't have to worry about hotels and such. Not only that, but we have PLANS.

My first full day there is going to the editorial offices and meeting everyone, followed by lunch with my editor. How excited am I?

Then Friday is the AMBA luncheon, probably tea with friends, then the Mills and Boon reception and finished up with dinner - my lovely hostess has made arrangements for a semi-private room for our group! It will be a dream day. I will get to meet so many authors who have been wonderful to me before and after publication - like my critique partner Michelle Styles, and Trish Wylie, and Kate Walker, and, well, you get the idea.

On Saturday I'm meeting more people I've only become friends with online through e-harlequin - like Carol C and Nell Dixon (Headline's new author!). Rumour has it we may be going Turkish. V. Cool!

And Sunday I get to play tourist.

NOW do you see why I'm excited?

I don't know if I'll have time to blog before I go tomorrow, if not, expect updates from London as I imagine I will be communicating with the family through e-mail.

Now I'm off to spruce up the old hair and possibly get some currency converted....

10 comments:

  1. *wiggle* See you soon, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time, Donna!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you - hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good trip - looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. suefromdevon4:54 a.m.

    Have a lovely time over here!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. See you soon Donna - so looking forward to meeting you

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time in the UK, Donna.
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll see you at Heathrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

    See ya in a coupla days hun!!!!

    ReplyDelete