Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Revisions out of the house and visual celebrating

The revisions are leaving today. I'm taking a quick "eye" break from the final read-through to make sure everything is seamless and I didn't miss any details (I've already found a few teeny ones so this final polish is a good idea).

But, after nearly three weeks, rewriting the last 1/3 for the most part, and tweaking in and out of the other chapters, I'm happy to see it go. The worst part of revisions is wondering if you changed enough, even though you know that you shouldn't tinker with it too much. The best part for me is that I know it's one of my strengths and that I shouldn't worry so much.

Regardless, I'll be holding my breath until I hear back from my editor as to whether what I did works or not. I'm always willing to make another pass at it.

But once they are gone I get to focus on something else which is a relief, so to celebrate, I'm posting a few pictures to inspire me. I haven't posted any for a while and hey, at least I'm faithful. This guy's been my bt mainstay for at least three years. Others come and go, but he's here to stay.....


3 comments:

  1. Yum yum!! Thanks for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. Nothing like a little wet Jamie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray on sending them off.

    So Jamie is your mind clearer -- the eye candy who wipes the memory of last hero. An interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete