Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Italian's Surprise Proposal - Finished!

Good news....I finished the first draft of THE ITALIAN'S SURPRISE PROPOSAL today!

It's rough, and I know there will be significant work during the second draft, but the bones of it are there for me to mold and shape and make right.

I will say I did enjoy the story despite the trouble it seemed to give me. I think getting to the end and looking back will help clarify a lot of the earlier problems, so that revising it should bring it together much better. I think this one will have a bit of a special place in my heart, though. There is definitely a little bit of magic in it for me.

Starting on Monday, I'm taking a wee break and I've lined up some guest bloggers for your entertainment - from a variety of sources! I have Ellora's Cave author Kris Starr, Presents queen Kate Walker, Modern Extra's newbie Natalie Anderson and Romance's rising star Fiona Harper. I'm going to be spending lots of time reading....which means that depending who I'm talking to, I'm either working or I'm relaxing. :-) Nice how reading fits into both of those categories! Productive relaxation. LOL.

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Uh, not much. WAH!

    I'm really trying to write this week while the kiddie is in her summer activities.

    So instead, I'm reading blogs. LOL!

    Enjoy your time off from blogging. And congrats on finishing your first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Patricia Sargeant's debut novel, YOU BELONG TO ME. Very nice romantic suspense.

    Now reading Diana Peterfreund's Secret Society Girl. After this I'll have to take a break to meet to a contest deadline.

    ReplyDelete