Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

No, no. That's not right.

Once upon a time...

Nope, not that, either.

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Hm.

When Donna asked me to guest blog for her while she was out gallivanting around the countryside, I said, "Sure! Of course I will!" and immediately thought, aw, man...what am I going to write about?

This is performance anxiety, you know.

Because not only am I here to fill some impressive shoes, I'm also supposed to entertain you all.

Tough, I know. Because you're a hip crowd; a discerning crowd. And of course you are, seeing as how you obviously have excellent tastes -- you're reading Donna's blog, aren't you?

But seriously, folks. Entertaining is what we do, isn't it? Writers are entertainers. We're here to tell stories; to (hopefully!) make you laugh, make you cry, (in my case, make you horny... ahem.) -- to take you away from the trials and tribulations of the world around you.

And we all know that in Donna's case, she does one heck (Look! See? Watching language, even! Aren't you impressed, D? ;) ) of a job with that. I don't know about you, but I couldn't put Hired by the Cowboy down. Donna managed to push all my emotional buttons (Yes, I may be a tart, but I am a tart with heart. Heh. Sometimes I even amuse myself...), and I couldn't wait to find out what happened in the story.

Donna provides just what we're looking for, doesn't she? -- an adventure, a fairy tale. And at the bottom of it all, a love story.

She proves to us, once and for all, that even though the night may be dark and stormy, you can bet your boots the sun will shine in the morning.

(And she wonders why I tell her I want to write just like her when I grow up... ;) )

Thanks, Donna, for sharing your talent with the world.

*smooches*

Kris
http://www.krisstarr.com

1 comment:

  1. Kris, you're right! Our basic job as writers is to entertain.

    ReplyDelete