Thursday, July 05, 2007

Banff and Brouhahas

For those of you popping over from my newsletter list....thanks for coming.

I had a bit of a brouhaha with Outlook yesterday and the latest newsletter, namely getting it to actually SEND and even then it did not make it to everyone.

I've now set everything up with Bravenet and I think it's going to work much better. If you're interested in receiving my newsletter, just fill out the subscribe boxes to the right and you're in like flint. (I've already received some notifications, so THANK YOU!)

As an added incentive to those who have been so PATIENT with me...I'm drawing for a prize from the first 50 subscribers. :-)

Now...I meant to post these earlier but somehow the week ran away with me!

On Monday the family drove to Banff. I'd forgotten how heavy the crowds are in the summer time and also Banff Avenue - the main street - is undergoing SERIOUS reconstruction. Even so, it was a beautiful day and I did a little shopping for those lovely people I'll be meeting in September.

I also took some pictures after our picnic, so I thought I'd share some with you.


Cascade Pond - where we had our picnic

Mama and Baby Bighorn Sheep (and I didn't have to even use the zoom, they were that close)


Bow Falls


4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. I have been to Banff a couple of times but not long enough to enjoy everything. Maybe some time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo it looks lovely!! *sigh* I need to get back there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pics, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bids...I'll bring a piece of it to you. :-)

    I have so many pictures of the mountains on my hard drive...the best drive is up the Icefields Parkway to Jasper. I have a pic of Bow Lake that is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete