Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thursday catch-up

I am not even going to go into my day because you'll either get depressed or think I'm a raving lunatic, and neither of those are good things.

I will say the evening is looking much more promising. As I said to a friend, It's only one day. Tomorrow is another one.

The good news is my mum is home from the hospital and quite chipper. Her only restriction is "don't mow your lawn". The woman has a HUGE lot, it takes her all day between the ride-on and the push mower to trim up, so my nephew is taking up the challenge.

One of the things I need to do is put some sort of order into my house. When my house is in chaos I am too. It doesn't have to be spic and span and perfect, but it needs to look like something other than a tornado has blown through.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I just did a major purge. After a flop of a garage sale, we ended up donating a ton of stuff. Now I've got an organized basement I can actually use.

    It's a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    So glad to know your mom is home! Hope your day today is much better!

    I did a major clean-out of my walk-in closet last week. Didn't think I would survive that thing! How all that stuff fit in there I have no idea. Gave lots of stuff away and now I can actually "walk in!" LOL!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna~I'm so glad your mom's doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your mom is doing better too!

    I hear ya. My environment is linked to my psyche... if it's in chaos, so am I. But nothing a good cleaning/fire can't fix!

    :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am chuckling here as the topic of CLEANING has brought people out of the woodwork!

    LOL Mel on the fire...that's not the preferred "declutter" method, but I guess you've learned that!

    And thanks for the mommy well-wishes. It made me start being more health conscious re: stress and being good to myself. I just had my annual checkup and while I haven't had the bloodwork done yet, I was thrilled that my bp was 110 over 60.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny what gets folks chatty?

    Cleaning is always a favorite topic of mine, because I hate doing it. Hence, I'm in a constant battle with clutter.

    Glad your mom is doing better.

    ReplyDelete