Monday, June 18, 2007

Someone just made my day

It's a crazy morning, and time is at a premium but someone just made my day.

I had to go to the post office this morning. Now I am there a lot these days, mostly sending out books for review or prizes. So the lady at the 7-11 which is the closest postal outlet was curious a while back and I told her what was in all those envelopes.

She was very cute and asked for the name of my book. I gave her a business card and put the title on the back.

When I went in this morning she jumped right in with "I read your book and loved it!"

She'd been in Edmonton, found it there and bought it. She seemed so genuinely pleased and laughed and said, "I told people I know this author!"

It totally made my day, even if I did have to come home with one of my parcels because the postal code for this town is an utter mystery.

No time to waste - must dash.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine but I bet that gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have such recognition!
    My Post Office people scrutinise the address labels and don't emit the least sign of curiosity!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete