Friday, June 15, 2007

A Fab Review for ALMOST A FAMILY!

Well, here's a nice bit of news that perked up my day. :-)


My review for ALMOST A FAMILY went live at Romance Junkies. This is great timing as the print release is actually almost exactly one month away! I have to admit to being a little surprised (in a good way) at how this book has been received....the reviews have been wonderful. Which makes me happy, of course, but more so because it's my first published book that I set in the area where I grew up.


The reviewer says, "Donna Alward does a fantastic job of leading her readers on a wonderful journey of the heart. This is a delightful story that is endearing, sizzling, but oh so refreshing as a glass of cold lemonade on a summer day! "

And I have to add a personal bit she put in my e-mail:

"You write withsuch conviction that your words are deeply felt. The story stayed with me long after I finished the last page. "

How much does that thrill me? Isn't that what every writer hopes for? (Happy sigh)
You can read the entire review HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Congrats on the wonderful review! I'm looking forward to reading the book myself.

    Thank you for the kind and encouraging words you posted on my blog. It helps to hear that you don't always know everything about your story in the beginning either.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    I got my first reviews a week or so ago--and was literally walking around the house with a huge grin for at least an hour.

    At least my daughter was impressed with the grin, LOL. She won't read the books!

    I'd love for you to check out my blog! Your slideshow was inspiring, too--I borrowed the idea, hope you don't mind!

    See you on eharlequin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUH!!! I forgot the most important part of the last post!

    CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you're very welcome. And I think sometimes planning too much can make you miss out on some magical moments in the story, so I prefer to do my homework and then let my characters lead me.

    Erin - popped by your blog! You are right...positive reviews are such a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the fantastic review - I'm not a bit surprised - your books rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Donna! If it's anything like HBTC, then I'm not surprised. That will make it another highly enjoyable book.

    ReplyDelete