Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Duel

A few years ago I bought the complete Horatio Hornblower series on DVD. LOVE IT. It was where I first discovered Jamie Bamber and Ioan Gruffudd, not to mention Robert Lindsay and a supporting cast that is just fantastic.

However, somehow episode 1 - The Duel - got broken. Literally, the dvd got cracked. And so I've watched other episodes but not the one that started it all. But it was hard to find just that particular episode, especially in the correct region.

I found it a few weeks ago on e-bay and the price was right, so I bought it. Hooray! It arrived yesterday.

On the spur of the moment, the dh suggested we go to Cochrane for ice cream after dinner. We were gone a couple of hours, which meant the girls were late getting to bed. But it was a lovely lovely drive and I said to him that I think I'm going to have to set a book there at some point. Perhaps my next cowboy? But once the kidlets were in bed, I sparked up the dvd player and settled in.

I love this series, I love the characters and most of all, because there are eight movies in all, I love watching the character arcs. For me, Archie's is a more intriguing arc, even moreso than Horatio's, and that's not just because he's played by JB.

So I'm going to post a few pics because I'm so happy my boxed set is together again.




And then I'm going to go fix chapter three. I seriously do not know what I'd do without my CP.






2 comments:

  1. Ooo a blog full of pictures of men!! Has made my day :-)

    I really have to watch Hornblower. I will add it to my DVD rental list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you call yourself a Bamber fan. Tsk Tsk.

    Biddy. It's only 3 more months. :-)

    ReplyDelete