Monday, May 07, 2007

On Dignity

After choir practice Thurs night, I thought I'd be silly, chase the choir director's four year old daughter to catch her and put her in their car (she hates having to leave). I started the chase, she weaved through the shrubs....only we'd had an inch and a half of rain. I slipped in the mud and went down like a ton of bricks.

Of course I laid there laughing my butt off.

When I got up, I was thick black mud all up my right side and it was caked on my hands. We went back inside and I at least got my hands cleaned.

A crying 4 yr old was getting buckled in her seat, lol, and I looked at the director's husband, grinned and said, "I'll just take what's left of my dignity and go home."

Hell, if you can't laugh at yourself, it's a sad day.

In other news....I have a cold.

AND....I'm facilitating a Q&A session on e-harlequin this week. The topic is "Take Two - Second Draft to Sale" and we're talking about what happens during the editing and revision process. Come on over to see what's going on and add your questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment