Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I saw my book!

I was dropping off some signage for my book signing later this month and decided I should check to see if HIRED was on the shelves yet.

It was. I saw it. For the first time, I saw one of my books on a store shelf.

I gave a tiny squeal and the lady working the romance section turned around. I said, "This is my book." She looked a little quizzical. "Your book?" I said, "Yes, mine." She wrinkled her forehead and said, "What do you mean, your book?" I ran my finger under my name and said, "This is me."

Well. She came over and we had a great chat. Rita was lovely, let me put local author stickers on the books in the rack and would have taken a picture for me if my camera had worked. Rita, if you happen to pop in, the SD card had a tab flipped on it which is why it wouldn't work, lol. She showed me the table where she'd put the extra books and there I was looking at books with names like Debbie Macomber and Susan Wiggs etc. on the same table with me. It didn't seem real, somehow. I felt like a total fraud!

My dh took me out later but the closest store didn't have their May Romances on the shelves yet. We'll keep checking.

Also...HIRED BY THE COWBOY has been reviewed at the Pink Heart Society! Reviewer Marilyn said "I would have never guessed this to be a debut book. I found Connor and Alex’s story sincere, sweet, romantic, having all of the elements which make a great love story!"

If you want to read the whole review, head on over to http://www.pinkheartsocietyreviews.blogspot.com.

Now I'm off to edit, keep up with the Q&A on eharlequin, and possibly work today at the old job. Not that I'm busy or anything.

2 comments:

  1. How neat! I'll bet that was a real thrill. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you saw your book which reminds me that I want to look for it in our stores this weekend! And that's terrific she put your books on the same table with Debbie Macomber's books. How awesome is that.

    ReplyDelete