Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gobsmacked! (and thank you)

I have to post today because I am simply awed and humbled by the happenings of the last few days. It seems I can't turn around without the phone ringing, or new e-mail, or a friend/colleague stopping to tell me they've picked up HIRED BY THE COWBOY.

It started Sunday with my sister in law and my niece calling as well as the friend that sits next to me in choir announcing she'd bought all the copies at the local grocery store. My sister told me that she'd bought out her local Chapters. LOL. Then yesterday on e-harlequin I heard many times how people had seen it in the store, bought it and read it....then some e-mails from friends out of town. Today I volunteered at the school and 2 of the staff came to me and said they'd bought it, and one rushed up to give me a hug.

I'm tellin' ya, it's a warm, warm feeling to know so many people are celebrating with me. Overwhelming, to be honest. Because that's what you are doing...sharing in a celebration. I only wish we all lived close enough together I could throw us all a party with apple martinis!

So this post is to say thank you to ALL of you who have turned my launch month into something TRULY special. I only hope my stories live up to your expectations!

Cheers,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment