Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Retirement Plans

The family was driving in the truck yesterday and the kids began discussing what they wanted to do when they grow up. Seeing as we went to Orlando last year, they would like to move to Florida. My eldest thinks she would like to be a writer. Which I think is great, but I asked her what she was going to do for a day job until she got established. Her solution was to work at Disneyworld or Seaworld. LOL. Then my youngest piped up that she'd like to own a cafe. I thought that was a pretty cool idea for a 6 yr old. LOL. Apparently when I'm retired I can come work for her and make peach and blueberry tarts.

But the best part was what she said to her sister.

"When you work at Disneyworld you can come to my cafe and I'll make you an ice cream sundae and a peanut butter sandwich."

Ah, out of the mouths of babes.

Just plugging away on the WIP today. I should listen to my CP. I asked her about POV for the new chapter, she gave her input and I didn't listen. However I switched POV about 4 pages in and realized she was right, it should have been in the heroine's all along. So I'll be fixing that this morning and moving on. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Our family moved to FL three years ago because we decided not to wait for our retirement days. Excepting the hurricanes, it's been great. Your kids have the right idea.

    Keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete