Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Dark Side of Donna Alward

Courtesy of Kris Starr

When Donna asked me if I was willing to guest-blog for her while she has her moment of respite, my first thought was, Are you sure about this??

After all, giving an erotica writer such as myself free rein on the blog of a sweet-romance writer is tantamount to sheer insanity, I think. But then again, that's just me.

However, I gave her my solemn vow that I wouldn't discuss anything to do with those sordid weekends in Vegas with those leg-holster-wearing, handcuff-toting US Marshalls, nor would I let slip (in full, vivid detail, no less!) Donna's secret fetish fantasies of Jamie Bamber and industrial-sized vats of Cool Whip--

Er. Oops. Was that out loud? Nevermind. Just ignore that last bit, if you would. :)

Thanks to the Internet, I've had the pleasure of knowing Donna for several years now, but it's really only in the last couple that we've gotten to know each other pretty well -- well enough to ascertain that we are, in fact, actually identical twins who were separated at birth.

No, it's true!

Well, okay. Honestly, we don't look much alike. Nor were we born on the same day. But we are regularly on the exact same wavelength. So if sharing brain cells were ever a proof-positive indicator of a blood relationship, then we'd have it in spades.

Probably the most amusing thing about our in-fact-non-related-relationship, though, is that even though we never approached each other with this intention, we've become occasional critique partners for each other. (See that bit above about what I write and what she writes? Yeah. You've got it.)

Curiously enough -- although it may be true and she simply refuses to admit it to me, out of some delusional sense of self-image and/or a "you can't scare me" mentality -- she doesn't seem to have been shocked by anything she's read so far. I guess this just means I have to try harder.

From my side of things, though, I love reading Donna's stuff. She reminds the buried-deep-down inner romantic in me about the beauty and satisfaction of true love and commitment and that all-important Happily-Ever-After.

Something I think we can all use in our lives.

In between trips to Sin City, of course.

Oh, and by the way, in case you're wondering -- I am the Evil Twin. But Donna definitely gives me a good run for my money.

Love you, D.! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love you too man.

    And Jamie Bamber and whipped cream? Nuh uh. Have I taught you nothing? It's tequila, lemon, salt...and you know where the shot glass goes.

    Um,which one of us was the evil twin again? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're both absolutely lovely, whoever the evil twin is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, you're stuff must be pretty hot. I googled you and saw that the first few lines of your website include an adult content warning for 18 and up. Since I'm at work, don't think I'll be hopping over there anytime soon.

    You guys sounds like good friends.

    ReplyDelete