Monday, March 26, 2007

RITA Madness and Crows

The Rita "calls" went out over the weekend and while I haven't seen the entire list, I have heard some news that makes me smile.

Traditional romance is far from dead. The finalists in the Trad category this year are fabulous. Marion Lennox, Barb Hannay and Jackie Braun are wonderful writers. Barb's CLAIMING THE CATTLEMAN'S HEART was one of my fave reads of last year.

And Fiona Harper has finalled with BLIND DATE MARRIAGE in both the Best First Book Category and Best Traditional. I'm telling you, that girl has made a splash with her debut and she does us newbies proud. Way to go, FIONA!!!!!!

I still hang out in Subcare on harlequin's msg boards, and it is well represented in the Golden Heart. So congrats to everyone!

I had a crow attack on the weekend. I sucked, I had NO idea what I was doing, etc. etc. etc. Thank goodness they got tired of hanging around and this morning it's back to business as usual.

This week I'll be continuing the Construction Zone series and posting anything new and exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle5:11 PM

    Donna--I know what you mean about the crows. But we just have to shoot them down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - with you on the crows thing - the one thing I'd raise a gun to ;) I'm in that 'this-whole-book-sucks' phase myself and determined to just push on thru - damn bog!

    ReplyDelete