Monday, January 29, 2007

What do I write about today?

Today's post is a mish mash of random things that have happened....sort of like my life right now. Lots of tidying up of loose ends.

First up is congratulations to my CP Michelle Styles and another friend, Nell Dixon, both of whom made the shortlist for the RNA prize this year, along with other fabulous M&B authors. The winner gets the Betty Neels Rosebowl. :-) Michelle made the point about not finalling if you don't enter. Before you are published, you are told you can't sell if you don't submit. After you've published - you have to swallow shyness or modesty and promote yourself. Enter contests and not let yourself be afraid of not being GOOD ENOUGH. Congrats to both my friends on being so brave!

We had a fun weekend here. We bought a tent trailer for camping. We can't haul a larger one with our vehicle, so we went with a tent-style which I love anyway. The box is a 9 foot, with a stove, 3 way fridge, sink, and the beds on either side fold out to be a queen and a double. The big plus side for me is not having to cart all the gear up and down stairs every time we go camping. Dishes, pots and pans, towels, bedding, etc. will all remain in the trailer. No putting up the tent or blowing up air mattresses either!

I will be doing a webpage update later this week, and I sent my editor 2 new proposals today. I've started organizing my taxes, the house is clean and the laundry is pretty much done - only folding and putting away left to do on that score. AND...I'm back to eating normally. I realized something over the last few days. It's not WHAT I eat but HOW MUCH. If I eat too much I get discomfort which disappears after an hour or two. BUT, if I keep my portions down, I'm okay. Which is how I'd rather have it anyway.

AND....I got another 5/5 review! Fallen Angels gave Almost a Family 5 Angels and the reviewer Jaymi said "I enjoyed the lighthearted moments; I really enjoyed how the playful times could turn to full blown passion so seamlessly. This is my first book by Donna Alward, and I’m intrigued to see what else this talented author has up her sleeves."

That just about covers me for today. Tomorrow I'm at the school all day as I've totally neglected volunteering for January, plus there's a very cool assembly happening in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. You really do have a lot on your mind! Congrats on the awesome review - getting the camper -- we have the same kind, and have fun at the school! I used to volunteer before I had my youngest. Soon he'll be in school and then I'll be volunteering again. :)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete