Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Revolutions

My 6 yr old daughter asked me today what my "new year's revolutions" were.

I liked that so much. A resolution - meh. Same old same old. But a revolution, now there's something I can get excited about!

Last year my resolution was to sell a book. And doggoneit, if I didn't go ahead and sell four. I still can't believe how 2006 started - and then ended!

But this is only the beginning. I have goals for this year. For one, I want to deliver 4 mss to my Romance editor. This is about building a career, so I want to strike while the iron's hot...and build up momentum. And like my CP Michelle, I have a lot to learn about PR so I'm joining my local RWA chapter and hoping to find some great ideas there.

On the personal side, I sold four books and gained 3-4 lbs for each one, so that's gotta come off. Especially if I'm planning on going to London for AMBA day in September. I know how to take it off- I did it 3 years ago and kept it off until this last summer...so it's time to put the gloves ON and hit the heavy bag. And watch what I'm eating. LOL

But most of all I look back on 2006 and wonder how I can possibly top it. It saw a lot of dreams come true. And I don't want to bury that feeling of wonder and accomplishment by worrying about what's to come. I want to remember it and hold it close, so that I'll never forget how grateful I am to be able to do what I'm doing.

Happy 2007, everyone.

D

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Donna! I like New Year's revolutions too. :)

    ReplyDelete