Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reading: Crazy About the Boss

In the interests of catching up on TBR piles, I also inhaled Theresa Southwick's Bella Lucia contribution, Crazy About the Boss.

This is such a great series. I haven't read all of the books, but I love how they stand alone yet you also get a real sense of who the Valentine Family is.

What I really liked about this book were the characters. I liked the feisty heroine, although at times I did wish she'd just give the hero a kick in the ass. That's probably due to my own impatience. But what I really liked about Maddie was that it wasn't perfect Jack she fell for, but the imperfect, wounded side that she'd never seen. Yay! Isn't it great when I woman loves a man FOR his flaws, not despite them? (and makes it believable!). After just having read Fiona's book, I sort of got the idea that grand gestures are not to be underestimated...but that's all I'm saying...you'll have to read the book to find out more.

I am sick with a cold now, darnit, but I can't afford to take the time to be lazy. I got back chapter five from my CP and added a few words to it, lol. And my final proofs for my January Samhain release, Almost a Family, just came through so I'll be giving them a look-see. And then on to chapter six tomorrow. Touch wood, but I don't think I'll have to worry about length on this one. I'm almost 1/3 there and there is SO much story left to tell!

Next up on the reading docket - my copy of Sold and Seduced by my CP Michelle. I started it last night and am already seeing where edits and revisions have tightened up this book, which is very cool. It is neat seeing the rough incarnation and then the finished polished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment