Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Welcome to the World, Ansley!

I can't believe how absurdly excited I am to make the following announcement:

I am a great aunt!

My nephew and his wife have a baby girl, Ansley Grace Jones. They almost lost her a few months ago, and Becky has been in hospital ever since. Last night Ansley was born, weighing 3 lbs 3 oz and screaming like a champ apparently. She must have the Jones lungs (my maiden name). All seems to be well, although she IS a preemie so she'll be in hospital for a while.

You know, it doesn't make me feel old, instead I feel younger! My mom, a great-grandmother for the first time, said the same thing.

I can't believe my nephew is a Daddy. There's only 8 years between us. But I still think of him as a boy, you know?

Congrats, Matt and Becky!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome my friend! If you are old then so am I!
    Congrats on the new itty-bitty, and kudos on the books!!

    Later,

    Old KRS er

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Donna! That's so awesome. Hope she's doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Just about to leave for meetings this morning and then on to Las Vegas for a second round of meetings over the next two days. Donna, I visited your site for the first time and got to see the covers for two of your books. They look great! I am especially proud to see my sis's name in print on the cover.

    ReplyDelete