Thursday, November 02, 2006

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

Harlequin Romance has bought my sequel!!!!!!!!!!

I sent my revisions yesterday, and this morning I had an e-mail with some of the sweetest words on the planet: I’ve read your revisions, and I think you’ve cracked it! I’m going to call you in a couple of hours to talk contracts...

I cried. I admit I did, and I didn't when I made the first sale. But second book-itis hit hard when I started this one, and I worked damn hard. I loved this book the whole time, cried writing the ending. So when she called and said they were buying it AND that they were offering a 2-book contract...you can't imagine how I felt. My next book is due Jan 31. And I pitched the soldier story and got the go ahead.

This day cannot POSSIBLY get any better.

I even get to keep the title - Marriage at Circle M AND it's a September 2007 release. So two books out next year with Harlequin, and one with Samhain. What a year this has been - four sales since March.

I know I say it a lot, but many many thanks to my CP Michelle. You RULE.

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations Donna - you've now beaten the second book blues and you're well on your way to a career as a Romance writer

    Great news - enjoy your celebrations

    Hugs

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Donna :-). Fantastic news :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Donna!

    I'll be keeping an eye out for it next year. Way to go!

    another Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very very proud of you Donna.

    It is a wonderful story.Wonderful emotion. I know I cried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congrats Donna! That is soooo awesome.

    You deserve all of this happiness!! Be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Congrats, Donna! Looking forward to these, I enjoyed Girl Most Likely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:54 PM

    OMG that is so FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so AWESOME Donna! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Donna! Whoo-hoo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOHOO Donna, this is fantastic news, MEGA congratulations!!

    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You.
    Are.
    Fabulous!

    I mean it. :D Mucho champers all around, babes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic news and so deserved! Enjoy your celebration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. At the risk of repeating myself, CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't be happier for you. Forget pizza, you deserve STEAK. hehehehe

    Now, I've got to wait till when again? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your second sale, Donna!
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's fantastic news, Donna. Congratulations!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said it in Subcare already but here goes again. WOO HOO Donna!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so proud of you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hurrah, Donna! What an amazing year for you! :) *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  19. WONDERFUL, Donna!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Donna. Great news. Second novels are really tough to crack!

    ReplyDelete