Monday, October 02, 2006

Stress

Ok...three weeks to deadline, but I think I can make it. :-) I have to bust my butt, though.

I just hope I don't have another week like I did last week. I did get a fair amount of writing done despite everything that went on, but there are a couple of situations that have been causing me a LOT of stress that have nothing to do with work. I was pretty distracted and frazzled by the end of it. In fact, I think by Friday night I said to my husband, THANK GOD that week is over. I was so distracted that when I took something out of the freezer Friday morning I left the turkey on top of the washer. When we went downstairs to workout, I saw it sitting there - nearly completely thawed. So Friday night I cooked a turkey and Saturday we ended up having a turkey dinner.

The kidlets have fall break coming up starting on Thursday and continuing into all of the next week. We have some fun things planned over Thanksgiving and hopefully some R&R, as well as me getting this first draft finished by the 13th. I write a pretty complete draft as my chapters are critiqued and "adjusted" as I go, so a week at the end should give me adequate time to go through and edit and polish.

As for the stress, I have a standing order for red wine and dark chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Donna! I have faith in you.

    Hope you have fun with your kids during fall break. :)

    ReplyDelete