Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Good and the Bad

Today there's good news and bad news. And the bad news isn't that bad, so it's no biggie.

I sent a proposal and first chapter to my editor at Samhain for a christmas anthology that they are putting together. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the five picked...but the writers and the titles of those who DID make the cut sound so great, it's hard to feel bad about it.

I knew there was a slim chance I'd be picked, so I have a plan B.

I'm still planning on writing the last 3 chapters of The Mistletoe Memoirs. And then, on my website, I'm going to post a chapter a week leading up until New Year's Eve as a FREE READ. So stay tuned for more information as Christmas gets closer. As soon as I post a chapter, I'll make sure I put a link here.

I watched Battlestar Galactica last night. IT WAS PHENOMENAL. Possibly the best episode of all three seasons, even if there wasn't quite enough Lee for my liking. It's time to get rid of the prosthetic, Mr. Moore. We want Lean Lee...and we want him back as the CAG and in a viper again. The episode, though, packed SO much into an hour. I was on the edge of my seat during the action, said a couple of "NO WAY!"s and cried twice. Michael Hogan has been incredible so far this season.

FINALLY, more good news. I have to send in my proofs for TGML, but after that I get to start my wounded soldier story. I've waited a LONG time to write it and the plan is to have a partial ready for my editor by November 9. It gives me three weeks, so that should be lots of time. I'm still doing background research though and first things first - I have to finish up the character sheets I started with "write a book with Trish". But look for that word count to start moving by the end of the week.

Now I'm off...have a marvelous Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment