Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Finding His Family

I started the new book today!

I'm very excited. It seems I've waiting a long time to write this book. I've done research...articles on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, e-mailing a former sniper for military info, getting some physiotherapy details, reading a book on peacekeeping and still reading Friendly Fire, although I'm now on the court case and past the part that describes the actual event in Afghanistan. I've done a basic proposal synopsis that outlines the motivations and progressions throughout the book, even though the actual scenes aren't nailed down. I've done a character sheet for each of my characters. And today, I finished the prologue.

I don't know if it will stay. I want it to. My hero is wounded in action. I wanted what happened to him to be firmly in the reader's mind so everything he/she reads what my hero does, they have that point of reference. It will at least stay through my first draft, and then I'll decide.

His name is Jonas Kirkpatrick, he's got a permanent limp, symptoms of PTSD, and THEN discovers he has a daughter he knew nothing about. He's a tough guy, and more than ever he's built a wall around himself. He was a sniper when he was deployed and not a man to be trifled with.

Scott Foley's character Bob Brown is the casting inspiration for this one, and because today is my day of firsts, here are a couple of my favorite pictures. Granted, I like him with longer hair but that just doesn't suit the role, so you get THE UNIT military cut.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum-O! LOL

    And Yay! Kudos to you, gal. That's great! You're just moving along so smoothly now. You amaze me, chica.

    ReplyDelete