Friday, September 22, 2006

Mood Music

Yesterday Kris really got into the whole music thing. Honestly, give her one song and she runs wild. She came up with a top ten list of songs for "doin' it". My list is a little different, and since I write to a soundtrack and I've written something like over 10 novels now, it's also quite varied. I have personal favorites that run from the raunchy to the sweet emotional type songs.


Figured You Out by Nickelback…who can resist dirty lyrics like “ I like your pants around your feet And I like the dirt that's on your knees And I like the way you still say please While you're looking up at me” ???

Harder to Breathe by Maroon Five. I find it hard to breathe just listening to it.

The Blower’s Daughter By Damian Rice - I saw Sale and Pelletier skate to this and it was like sex on ice.

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

Turn Me On, by Norah Jones

And how could you NOT include The Principles of Lust by Enigma?

For one character I used "My Confession" by Josh Groban.

You Can Leave Your Hat On. That's got to be one of the absolute best. A total stripper song.

My mind's a blank for any more...either it's too early or there are just too many.

I have so much to do over the next few days it's scary, so I'll be back on Monday with my vat of coffee to post on either "OMG how am I ever going to meet my deadline", "What to do when characters don't cooperate", or "Beginnings". LOL

2 comments:

  1. OMG, how could I forget Principles of Lust?? I LOVE that song. And You Can Leave Your Hat On is great, too... ugh!

    Donna... you're not helping me narrow down my list at all!

    Dammit, dammit, dammit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything whatsoever by Jeff Buckley is incredibly sexy, particularly "Dream Lover".

    ReplyDelete